When a complaint is referred to us, we may:
- notify you of the complaint in writing, along with details of the complaint and expected next steps.
- assist the complainant to make reasonable attempts to resolve the problem directly with you within 30 days.
- provide training and coaching about making and responding to complaints.
If the problem is still not resolved, we will assess the complaint further. We will determine whether a complaint needs to be:
- informally mediated.
- referred for conciliation.
- referred to a health professional registration board (if the complaint involves a healthcare provider).
- referred appropriately.
At all times we commit to:
- acting independently, impartially and in the public interest.
- protecting consumers involved in a complaint from reprisals, threats or intimidation in any way related to the complaint.
- making recommendations to improve safety and quality in service delivery.
- monitoring and reporting complaint trends.