Your permission to obtain and share information
To resolve your complaint, the Commissioner requires your permission (Health and Community Services Complaints Act 2004, s75) to obtain and share certain information, on a confidential basis, with the service provider and sometimes other people, for example an independent expert or a registration board.
Please read and sign the following to give the Commissioner permission to obtain and share information relevant to resolving your complaint.
I understand that:
- the Commissioner may release a copy of my complaint, health records or other personal information to the service provider or other people dealing
with this complaint, and
- service providers may share relevant information with their professional indemnity insurers or legal advisers.
Privacy and confidentiality
The Health & Community Services Complaints Commissioner (HCSCC) respects the need for confidentiality of everyone who accesses our services and information.
The HCSCC will not disclose information unless written authorisation to use confidential information is provided by the person to whom the information relates, or if required to do so under the HCSCC Act.
We adhere to the Code of Fair Information Practice based on the National Privacy Principles and will take reasonable steps to ensure that any information collected about people who use our service
- is accurate and up to date
- contains only details which are relevant
- is only available to people who need it to treat and care for our consumers or who have responsibilities related to their treatment and care and
- is protected from misuse and unauthorised access by other people.
Information collected through our website
When you look at the HCSCC website we compile data that records and log your visit. This includes:
- your internet address or that of your proxy server if you use one
- your complete machine name or that of your proxy server if you use one
(for example )
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the pages you accessed and downloaded
- the previous site you visited
- the type of browser you used
- any internet address you take directly via a link on our site.
This information helps us to continue to develop our website. The information will not be used to identify you in any way except in the event of an investigation where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the logs.
Emails to our website
If you send an email to our website or complete a feedback form your email address will be known to HCSCC Staff. Your email address and message will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it.
We will not add your email address to a mailing list or disclose it to another person or organisation without your consent, except in the unlikely event of an investigation by a law enforcement agency.
Links to other sites
The HCSCC is not responsible for the content and privacy practices of other websites which may be accessed via links from this site.